From a Swabian sales agency to a global company that develops, produces and sells its own products and services. BACHMANN's history is characterised by its family foundation, coupled with continuous further development, growth and value orientation. Join us on a brief journey through history!
From 1947 until today
In 2021, Hans-Peter Wulf will be appointed Managing Director Sales & Marketing, representing the voice of the customer in the first place.
In 2019, BACHMANN invested in the Dutch start-up, iotspot. www.iotspot.co
In 2018, Peter Bachmann and Jan Repplinger introduced a culture of first-name terms to the company. This was a perfect fit with the vibrant corporate culture already in place at BACHMANN.
Jan Repplinger joined BACHMANN as an additional Managing Director in 2016. From now on Peter Bachmann & Jan Repplinger lead the fate of the company BACHMANN
In 2016, BACHMANN took over its Chinese partner AEL, including the premises and employees.
An additional sales subsidiary was established in England (London) in 2011.
BACHMANN continued its internationalisation by establishing facilities in Romania (Mediaș) and France (Paris) in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Whilst the facility in France was established as a sales subsidiary.
In 2001, BACHMANN started in-house development and production operations for OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers). Since then, the focus has been on solutions offering high-level customer benefits.
In 1999, the first international sales and distribution facility in Europe was established in Barcelona, Spain.
In 1998, a new production facility and logistics centre was built near to Steinbach in Gumpelstadt in Thuringia.
The expansion of the BACHMANN Group's production platform into Asia began in 1994, culminating in the takeover and in-house management of a production facility in Guangdong, China in 2016.
In 1993, Peter Bachmann, son of Dieter Bachmann, (the third generation) joined the company as Managing Director. By this time, the number of BACHMANN employees had risen to around 80 people throughout the world.
In 1990, the electrical engineering industry division of BACHMANN was extended by the electrical engineering company BACHMANN Elektrotechnik based in Steinbach, Thuringia.
In 1979, Bachmann GmbH & Co. KG was formed from the Josef Bachmann KG company.
In 1979, Dieter Bachmann took over the industrial representation for LIEBHERR in Baden-Württemberg, which Peter Bachmann then continued from 2006-2018.
In 1973/1978, the Parabel Electric company as it was then known – headed by Dieter Bachmann and his wife Sieglinde – started producing its own connectors in Winterbach, Germany.
The son of Josef Bachmann, Dieter Bachmann, joined the company as a commercial trainee in 1954.
Josef Bachmann established the Josef Bachmann KG sales agency in Stuttgart in 1947. The focus was on the sales of electrical engineering products.